島 直子 (2011.9) [再録] 妻の家計貢献が夫の性別役割分業意識に及ぼす影響. 福田 亘孝, 西野 理子 (編)『第3回家族についての全国調査 (NFRJ08) 第2次報告書 第3巻: 家族形成と育児』(日本家族社会学会 全国家族調査委員会). 169-180
- NFRJ Publication
- 島 直子 || Naoko Shima
- [再録] 妻の家計貢献が夫の性別役割分業意識に及ぼす影響: 夫の社会経済的地位による交互作用 (家族社会学研究23(1)) || [Reprint] The Effect of Wives’ Contributions to Family Income on Husbands’ Gender Role Attitude: Interaction Based on the Socioeconomic Status of Husbands (Japanese Journal of Family Sociology, 23(1))
- 福田 亘孝, 西野 理子 (編)『第3回家族についての全国調査 (NFRJ08) 第2次報告書 第3巻: 家族形成と育児』(日本家族社会学会 全国家族調査委員会) || FUKUDA Nobutaka, NISHINO Michiko (eds.) Second Report of the National Family Research of Japan, 2008 (NFRJ08) Volume 3: Family Formation and Child Care (Committee on the National Family Research (NFRJ), the Japan Society of Family Sociology
- Previous research has found that men’s attitudes toward gender roles are strongly associated with their wives’ employment status. Men in dual-earner couples are likely to have more egalitarian views than men in male-breadwinner, single-earner couples. According to research in the United States, husbands in dual-earner couples, particularly husbands with lower socioeconomic status, tend to be resistant to the idea of gender equality for fear of losing power in the marital relationship. This paper examines the impact of wives’ contributions to family income on husbands’ gender role attitudes in Japan. The paper focuses on the di#ering e#ect of the socioeconomic status of husbands. Analysis based on data available from the National Family Research of Japan (2003, 2008) found that in dual-earner couples in which wives’ income constitutes half or more than half of the family earnings, husbands with lower rather than higher socioeconomic status tend to support the gendered division of labor.
- husbands’ gender role attitudes, wives’ contribution to family income, socioeconomic status of husbands
- | a212 || nfrj08_201103 |
Created: 2012-02-20. Updated: 2012-03-28.